As Project Engineer you will work with a team of Engineers and Project Managers to develop and design solutions for BESS applications through the Development lifecycle, cradle to grave. You will work on maintenance and upgrades of existing solutions and custom designs to suit custom solutions for clients. The successful Project Engineer will design mechanical components for use in BESS projects, create innovative and cost-competitive solutions to meet required specifications, and support and document design by calculations such as material selection, tolerances, tolerance stack-up, stress analysis, and thermal expansion.
You will work with senior engineers in development and execution of product designs that support the
varied needs of multiple projects, create detailed mechanical part drawings, assemblies and BOMs, check drawings for accuracy including values, tolerances, dimensions, spelling, and completeness, and respond to sales and marketing with innovative designs requested in marketing specifications.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years in similar type of business
- Solid modeling experience (Autodesk Inventor preferred) Working knowledge of various mechanical components such as bearings, seals, connectors, and motors
- Working knowledge of basic machining principles, mechanical tools and shop equipment such as gauges, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, milling machines and lathes
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements a plus (UL, or CSA, ATEX, IECEx)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products