The Solar Project Developer works with the Development team in the northeast region. Position will require knowledge of the solar and renewable energy markets and skills in identifying, pre-qualifying, and executing on development opportunities. The Developer will drive and manage development activities including C&I and municipal lead generation, sourcing of land acquisition opportunities, contract negotiations and implementation.
- Initiate and lead activities to identify, qualify, and secure prospects for new solar PV opportunities in the northeast.
- Assist in all aspects of solar PV project management including siting, land acquisition, permitting, finance, interconnection, environmental compliance, etc.
- Complete due diligence of opportunities including site visits, site analysis, and interconnection screening.
- Serve as a point of contact with land/business owners, AHJs, utilities, financial partners and other partners and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the successful identification, preparation, positioning, preparation, and issuance of winning proposals and presentations.
- Generate project submittals for quality assurance, technical accuracy, and customer oriented solutions.
- 3+ years of successful solar experience driving business development to develop and secure solar PV sites.
- BA/BS Degree in related field
- Understanding and passion for renewable energy systems.
- Demonstrated business development and relationship management skills.
- Specific knowledge of and experience in northeast solar markets is desired, and an eagerness to learn and become deeply involved in the northeast solar markets is required.
- Understanding of structured finance concepts.
- Advanced MS Office proficiency. Knowledge of energy analysis software desirable.