The Permitting Manager will be responsible for entitlements, zoning and other development-phase permits for solar PV projects. In this role you will assist the Project Development Manager and other members of each project team to create and execute permitting strategy for the utility scale solar projects located in the western part of the U.S. You will provide expertise and functional direction on overall environmental risk screening and assessment, permitting risk, strategies, requirements and mitigations for utility scale solar projects, and lead the planning and execution of permitting strategy, oversee the management and advancement of local, state, and federal permitting processes
throughout the overall project development lifespan.
Additionally you will develop and maintain relationships with and local, state, and federal regulatory
bodies, including environmental and energy siting board, maintain a deep and comprehensive understanding of regional permitting requirements and environmental policy, select, manage, direct, and work collaboratively with third party environmental consultants, and remain abreast of renewable energy opportunities in the United States and the national industry trends impacting the future of solar and renewable development opportunities and their competitiveness as they relate to customers.
Must be legally entitled to work in the US without restriction. No Sponsorship provided.
- Bachelor's Degree with strong academic record from a leading undergraduate program, in environmental science or environmental studies, environmental engineering, or closely related field
- Minimum of 5 years of permitting and environmental experiences in solar or renewables energy sector
- Extensive expertise with local, state, and federal permitting requirements and processes
- Experiences working with CDFW, USFWS, USACE, and other relevant federal, state, and county agencies for energy projects
- Experience in collaborating with multiple sectors of a project team and managing environmental consultants
- Excellent negotiating skills with regulators and the public regarding the environmental permitting of land development projects
- Skilled in project management with the ability to identify and resolve potential project flaws and to prioritize critical path tasks
- General understanding of renewable energy market trends and the resulting impacts on solar project development
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel