The Energy Storage Development Manager supports energy storage development efforts with in-depth knowledge of the energy storage market, including value drivers, general opportunities and an understanding of key players in these markets. The ideal candidate must be able to both manage and create opportunities, engage with industry by building relationships and partnerships with various market stakeholders (developers, suppliers, contractors, utilities, customers, etc.), develop successful projects, and inform the execution of the strategic plan.
This person will develop and execute energy storage projects in North America, in particular the Northeast United States, as well other U.S. jurisdictions and in Canada. This will involve evaluating and preparing recommendations for energy storage projects and acquisitions by conducting technical and economic analyses in the context of project development or due diligence reviews. From there the Development Manager will execute and lead energy storage projects from conception to construction with attention to customer and utility relations, permitting, land acquisition, general stakeholder relations, project schedule, project modelling, etc. Post-construction, the Manager will support efforts to optimize and adapt existing operational sites as required to maximize value.
Developing strong business and commercial relationships with potential customers, partners and stakeholders will be crucial to continue to build strong positioning and opportunities in the energy storage and renewable energy markets. Where possible, we expect the Development Manager to help influence and "shape" the market, regulatory framework, and conditions for a vibrant and growing industry in various jurisdictions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience, including strong experience in energy storage and development experience.
- Ability to read the market and seize investment opportunities.
- Strong sense of entrepreneurship.
- Market and technical knowledge developed in the field of energy storage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, needs, and development business models.
- Results-oriented independent self-starter that is persistent and likes challenges.
- Availability to travel on a regular basis (e.g. to project/customer sites, conferences, other stakeholder sites).