The Sales Manager will be responsible for business development and solar power product sales in the Southwest US markets. Responsible for selling directly to EPC’s, Developers, IPP’s, and Utilities and for all aspects of account management and demand creation within the territory. While making regular sales calls to existing customer base within the assigned territory the Sales Manager will also prospect for new customers and opportunities - developing a large prospect pool and identifying opportunities to grow business and market share.
In addition to those duties, the Sales Manager will need to identify industry trends and product requirements; work with existing and potential customers on new applications for products and provide feedback to the product development team; work closely with key customers developing sales plans that will allow them to reach their sales objectives; prepare annual business plan in relation to their territory; prepare weekly call and market reports; and attend regional and major industry shows within the assigned territory.
- BS Degree in engineering
- 5 years’ work experience in B2B sales of industrial products via direct, indirect channels, distribution - solar experience highly preferred
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing pricing strategies and incentive systems
- Regular travel within the assigned sales territory
- Knowledge of photovoltaic inverters, racking, PV Balance-of-Systems, power electronics, and power distribution systems
- Experience in consultative selling technical solutions and ability to perform financial analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office and Salesforce.com