This role will apply utility-scale project development knowledge and experience to a broad variety of assignments in renewable energy. This position manages solar and wind projects from pre-development to final acceptance. Supervises and directs contractors during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects
- Utilize performance modeling software to prepare energy production estimates (ie: PVSyst, Helioscope, Openwind, or Windpro)
- Analyze available meteorological datasets and utilize MCP (Measure-Correlate-Predict) methods to assess project resource characteristics
- Prepare conceptual project layouts utilizing CAD and GIS software. Optimize layouts to maximize project value
- Interface with wind turbine and PV module OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to obtain technical information and stay apprised of technology advancements and trends
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts. Participate in landowner meetings, community outreach events, and monthly construction meetings
- Support the development and origination agents with all permitting efforts
- Work with the structured finance team to provide responses to lender and independent engineer due diligence questions throughout the project financing process
- Interface with the Project Management and Operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operations. Ensure timely and complete transfer of technical responsibilities.
- Maintain complicated schedules, develop project timelines, and manage people and materials to complete jobs on schedule
- Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity ensuring effective execution. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the predetermined execution plan.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
- Support other internal team members with technical input as required, e.g. case studies for marketing; technical information for bids and tenders etc.
- Perform bids and select reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
- Independently manage performance of and interaction with local EPC companies ensuring projects are completed on time.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participates in the jobsite final walk-through and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as "As-Built" drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
- Forecasting and tracking revenue delivery to meet targets
- Responsible for keeping project administration up to date
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering. Electrical Engineering background is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with energy modeling software (ie: PVSyst, Helioscope, Openwind, or WindPro)
- Knowledge of meteorological data sources and MCP methods
- Strong understanding of grid-tied system design
- Experience installing or project managing of solar and/or wind construction projects and
- Experience with modeling energy project economics and familiarity with concepts such as NPV, IRR and LCOE