As the Director of Technical Asset Management you will be responsible for optimizing the technical performance of Solar assets including management of third party O&M service providers, engineers, equipment suppliers, and other stakeholders within the Company's asset management division. You will develop & manage O&M budgets, ensure solar asset performance is at or above forecast for all assets, identify any underperformance in a timely manner and develop an action plan to correct
performance, review and manage contracts with suppliers and service providers, and work closely with various departments within the organization, such as Accounting and Operations.
Additionally you will develop policies and processes to improve overall performance of AM department, regularly provide feedback to Operations, review and approve expenses by assets and per existing contracts and agreements, periodically, perform risk analysis of existing portfolio and develop a risk mitigation strategy, identify asset improvement opportunities to increase performance and revenue, and develop and improve with the AM Team, a compliance calendar to manage all regulatory, legal, financial, and other compliance requirements.
- Engineering Degree, MBA Preferred.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) is an asset
- In-depth technical understanding of solar technology; knowledge of computerized DAS/SCADA/Monitoring systems
- Experience with energy storage technology
- Understanding of the solar construction process, understanding of EPC obligations and requirements
- Complete understanding of solar generation modelling, forecasting, and weather models
- A very strong sense of entrepreneurship coupled with strong business acumen, as well as a commercial and financial mindset
- Ability to understand financial models and identify asset management’s impact on the results
- Previous 3-5 years’ experience in Asset Management is desired, can be compensated with experience in a technical and management role in solar EPC, Operations, or another related field