As Energy Storage Engineering Manager you will be responsible for technical oversight and project design (including energy storage, microgrid, interconnection, communication, medium voltage and high voltage), perform design reviews, constructability reviews, value engineering, engineering studies, system commissioning, prepare detailed estimates, cost analysis and as built designs for a variety of projects for various utilities, and IPPS and private clients.
You manage a team of project development, equipment selection, and supplier quotes for utility coordination and equipment design. You will oversee all aspects of design, performance metrics, and initiatives to support the corporate objectives while establishing team goals in conjunction with business development, project development, presales, and operations. You will review and improve standards, define and drive accountability, manage and prioritize tasks for the team, identify project requirements based on contracts and regulatory compliance while managing budget and cost for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from accredited university
- 10+ years of practical experience with electrical design, DC collection, AC collection, MV and HV electrical design executing on and building an engineering team required
- 5+ years designing Energy Storage Systems required
- 5+ years Distribution substation engineering for utilities and renewable energy power plants
- 5+ years of experience with cost estimates, scheduling, subcontractor/vendor selection and take offs
- Previous experience managing, leading and building a team of Engineers and CAD Engineers
- Strong understanding of all relevant codes and experience working with utilities across the USA
- Experience drafting or reviewing engineering services contracts
- Must be able to identify problems, find and develop solutions, make decisions and execute them effectively
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in PVSYST
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional a plus
- PE License is a plus