The Structural Engineer will generate the structural construction documents and calculation packages for solar projects across the U.S. Perform structural calculations for building structures and solar mounting systems such as ballasted roof, attached roof, ground mount, elevated canopy, and carports. Produce required structural analysis documentation for the approval of solar permits. Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting systems. Use AutoCAD to generate drawings and sketches. Perform on-site structural inspections. Work cross functionally with other teams (development, engineering, and construction) within and outside the engineering department to ensure clients needs and deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or closely related field
- 3+ years of relevant structural design experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) - PE preferred
- Basic experience with various structural software packages for analysis and design such as RAM Connection, TEDDS, Mathcad, ETABS, SAP and SAFE
- Analysis and design of commercial buildings and multi-level parking garages.
- Calculation of all kinds of loads acting on a given structure (wind load, seismic load, snow load, and combinations these loads per code, etc.)
- Strong AutoCAD skills.
- Background in steel design, concrete design, aluminum design and cold formed steel framing system analysis and design.
- Economical and cost conscious design of concrete pads, foundations, and structures.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering standards, codes, and other applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge and experience in interpreting geotechnical reports, analysis of soil-structure interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement, expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost heave, slope stability, underpinning, and shoring design.