As Director of Marketing you will be a collaborative, analytical and entrepreneurial individual with a strong history of successful marketing framework design and execution, and deep experience with community development. The ideal candidate will have a history of leading a team and scaling growth through a combination of native audience engagement, nurture-driven conversion optimization, paid media advertising programs and loyalty development. You will have a compelling track record leveraging paid advertising and optimizing marketing ROI across competing channels and will have both small company and large company experience. And a history of designing creative, impactful and splashy campaigns that have been run using structured frameworks and disciplined analysis would be wonderful.
Experience with conceptual frameworks such as customer journeys, nurture funnels, messaging frameworks and customer lifetime value are essential to the role. Strong marketing creative and marketing writing skills as applied to emails, web, and ad copy is essential. You will be managing and mentoring the production of a broad variety of creative assets.
- Manage global team of employees and seven figure budgets to deliver complete spectrum of B2B and B2C home market marketing activities including content marketing, events management, social media engagement, website development, graphic design, employee advocacy, media and analyst relations, etc. ensuring each one is aligned with overall corporate objectives
- Define visual and written brand strategies in conjunction with executive leadership and ensure these principles cascade throughout all marketing activities and the organization as a whole.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the target audiences and buyer personas as well as effective engagement strategies at each stage of the sales cycle in conjunction with the sales/business development team.
- Stay up to date with Solar industry marketing trends and innovations and effectively incorporate them into new and existing campaigns.
- Define strategy for and lead execution of content marketing activities which spans multiple channels (i.e., web, social, and digital) and content types (e.g., articles, blogs, podcasts, infographics, videos, webinars, whitepapers, etc.)
- Define strategy for and lead execution of newly purchased HubSpot Marketing Hub for inbound lead generation and qualification.
- Regularly collaborate with senior leaders and subject matter experts for setting practice-level marketing goals, maintaining internal alignment, creating content, etc.
- Maintain on-going communication with all relevant stakeholders regarding the status of active projects and provide feedback/metrics for completed projects.
- Serve as point of contact for and primary liaison with industry analysts and third-party media/press
- Lead coordination of internal communication efforts, including teambuilding events, networking, town halls, annual team events, etc.
- University Degree, Masters/MBA Preferred
- Relevant Work Experience (10+ years)
- Demonstrated Small Business / Start-up Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Large Company (2,000+ Employees) Work Experience (5+ yrs)
- Exceptional Communication and Organizational Skills
- Audience/Community/Database Development Experience (5+ yrs)
- Strong Marketing Content and Copywriting Skills (5+ years)
- B2C and B2C Events Marketing Experience (5+ years)
- Experience Creating/Operating Enterprise-Grade Frameworks (Campaigns, Messaging, Customer Journeys, Nurture Funnels, Personas, etc.)