The Controller is responsible for ensuring that company financial statements are in line with management’s requirements and industry standards. Prepare financial statements that meet standard accounting principles. Oversee, monitor and work to improve accounting procedures, internal controls and database management. Audit workflow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with the company’s standards. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. Handle personally or supervise general ledger reconciliations and supervise the preparation of monthly journal entries for others. Help maintain accountability of the financial resources of a company and ensure compliance with all internal controls. Review monthly closing processes to prevent errors and train team on proper company procedures.
● 10+ years in finance and accounting roles
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting
● Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
● Strong supervisory/management abilities.
● Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
● Strong computer skills with advanced Microsoft Excel.
● Extensive knowledge of financial software programs.
● Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.