The Solar Project Developer will develop and deploy a portfolio of large utility -scale solar projects. The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record and technical background in conducting direct solar development, especially in the WECC territory.
- Manage all facets of development including site identification, site control, local permitting and securing power purchase agreements for community solar and utility scale solar facilities.
- Oversee the prospecting, development and contracting for sites suitable for solar development. Manage the interconnection, permitting and entitlement process.
- Execute bankable offtake strategies and contracting for power offtake with commercial and utility partners.
- Qualify prospects, identifying decision makers, performing customer needs assessments, presenting financial options, and negotiating contract terms.
- Coordinate with engineering, finance and asset management teams to manage a growing pipeline and close projects.
- Proven understanding of the solar energy project development cycle with demonstrated experience managing a pipeline of projects.
- BS degree required. Graduate degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
- Working knowledge of energy project economics and project finance strategies.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, along with an ability to liaise with internal and external colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Ability to work alongside town boards, utility commissions and legislative, regulatory agencies.
- Good management skills for internal and external resources and consultants.
- Fluency in MS Excel, MS Projects, PowerPoint, and Word.