As Solar Project Manager you will be responsible for detailed site assessments, preparing, negotiating and managing project contracts while facilitating full compliance with all permits and utility requirements, and ensuring that the projects are constructed, commissioned and tested in full accordance with company standards and specifications. Your responsibilities will also include project construction, interconnection, commissioning and testing through to system operation and will additionally provide technical and commercial support during the project development, acquisition and financing process.
You will evaluate site viability and constructability, evaluate system capacity and production expectations, and assess electrical interconnection options and strategies, evaluate project opportunities, risks and mitigation plans, prepare detailed requests for proposal (RFPs) while managing the resultant contractor bid-processes, prepare, negotiate and manage key design, procurement and construction contracts and overall management of projects from initiation through to operation & completion.
Additionally you will hand-over the completed and fully-documented projects to the Asset Management and Operations teams, manage and ensure quality-assurances practices are upheld, either directly or through contracted Owner’s Representatives and review and evaluate electrical, mechanical, civil and structural designs, reports, calculations and surveys.
- BA/BS college or university degree in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical or mechanical
- Minimum six years’ relevant project execution experience, with at least four years of commercial or utility-scale solar PV project management experience
- At least two years of commercial/industrial battery energy storage experience preferred
- Budget responsibility of at least $5MM
- Detailed understanding of three-phase electrical systems and the National Electrical Code
- Knowledge and experience of medium-voltage electrical systems and equipment preferred
- Knowledge and experience of environmental and land-use permits, restrictions and regulations
- Preparing and negotiating engineering, procurement, and construction bids and contracts
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Project. AutoCAD experience is a plus
- NABCEP or similar solar PV certification is desirable although not required