As VP of Solar Operations and Engineering you will be responsible for Origination, Engineering, and Development teams in a cross functional position with broad responsibilities including assessing, developing, contracting and delivering a high volume of solar assets to the company's internal capital vehicles on an annual basis. You will have significant responsibility for strategic assessment and review of the overall technical market, assisting with managing a team of professionals to achieve goals and targets while developing system design and operating concepts for bespoke PV and storage systems (including integrated PV + storage systems).
You will determine and quantify the probable operating performance and cost factors for each system, quantify, communicate and refine critical system metrics (performance, capex, opex, lifetime), develop each system’s concept design and detailed design specification, develop each system’s operational and maintenance plan in conjunction with the Operations team, negotiate and finalize EPC contracts for detailed design, procurement and construction, advise and support project managers during system construction, commissioning, testing, and into operation.
- BA/BS college or university degree in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical or mechanical
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant engineering design and commercial/industrial project management experience.
- 8 years of commercial/industrial solar PV experience
- 2 years of commercial/industrial battery energy storage experience preferred
- Budget responsibility of at least $20MM, and managerial experience preferred
- Detailed understanding of three-phase electrical systems and the National Electrical Code
- Detailed understanding of the design and operation of DC-coupled and AC-coupled battery energy storage systems
- Knowledge and experience of medium voltage electrical systems and equipment
- Knowledge and experience of environmental and land-use permits, restrictions and regulations preferred
- Writing and negotiating engineering, procurement and construction contracts
- Expert level experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, MS Project. A
- utoCAD experience is a plus
- NABCEP or similar solar PV certification is desirable although not required