The Fleet and Maintenance Manager, will work to drive compliance, performance, safety, and efficiency of all assets within the client organization. You will be responsible for a fleet that consists of equipment vehicles including box trucks of CDL Class B size, vans, and passenger vehicles. You will direct, supervise, and review all shop maintenance repairs and Tech work orders for accuracy and efficiency, integrate maintenance scheduling and work order tracking systems into the maintenance program to meet all reporting requirements, and coordinate and communicate fleet service availability with Operations Managers across all locations.
Additionally you will plan and oversee training and technician development including planning and directing the work while disciplining and handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews. You will ensure that technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner, ensure shop maintenance operations and satellite maintenance work meets safe work conditions in compliance with State and Federal regulations and Corporate policies and work with vendors on warranty coordination.
- Minimum two-year degree in business or related field or equivalent in experience, training or education
- Two years managing DOT regulated drivers and scheduling transportation preferred
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations required
- Technician training/vocational school degree preferred
- ASE Master Certification highly preferred.
- 7+ years of industrial fleet experience and/or bus fleet maintenance experience.
- Valid CDL, Class A or B with Passenger & Airbrake Endorsements, Highly Preferred.
- Training and Management experience in vehicle maintenance and facility operations.
- Extensive Knowledge of box truck components and data/communications systems.
- Minimum one year of audit and/or quality assurance experience.
- Proficient computer skills, able to easily utilize maintenance database systems daily.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Subject to a drug test and DOT physical.