The Director of Product Marketing you will work with Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Sales, customers, and partners to drive distributed energy management strategy and build the next generation battery storage based grid-connected solutions for commercial customers. You will be passionate about developing and delivering innovative new products and services at the intersection of energy & technology.
As Director, Product Marketing you will be responsible for defining the Product roadmap aligned with the company's vision & Corporate Strategy, drive the strategy in Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS) for Grid-Interactive Buildings, drive product initiatives through the entire product lifecycle from idea generation & business case creation, concept/product design, market research, testing, trials & operational readiness, to successful commercialization of Battery Energy Storage Systems or similar DERs, and work closely with Engineering and Operations team on successful development and deployment of new products.
Additionally you will facilitate the creation of go-to-market strategy, collateral content, and campaigns in close collaboration with Sales and Marketing teams, and support pricing strategy through effective margin analysis and pricing administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in Commercial and Industrial (C&I), Building Management Systems, Behind-the-Meter storage and/or microgrid industry.
- Experience with Smart Grid, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), Generators, Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), Utility Programs & Demand Response is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the entire product development lifecycle of a grid-connected Battery Energy Storage Solution (BESS), including the grid interactive inverter, gateways, or transfer switches for moving a building off-grid during outages.
- Expertise in Atlassian Suite/Jira, Confluence & Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong analytical skills with a bias for action.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high stakes environment.
- Travel Requirement: Approximately 15% travel