As Safety Manager will work hand in hand with business operations (solar installers, site surveyors, electricians/technicians, quality manager, human resources, subcontractors, and other support staff) to support continuous improvement supporting the Safety/Training and HSE/Ops team members working in residential solar installations maintaining and evolving Safety/Management and integrated
management systems. You will be focused on education, reporting, safety, incident management and root cause across the United States field operations.
The safety Manager will lead all day-to-day HSE management activities on solar construction/installations projects located across the United States, engage with leadership, field operations, field sales, sub-contractors and various other project stakeholders ensuring a consistent approach to safety and health that drives the corporation towards an Interdependent Safety Culture, develop, maintain, and ensure consistent best practices for jobsite safety, quality, and
subcontractor management, and provide steady and reliable communication while also managing schedule, budget, contractors, people, risk, and resources.
Your work will include a variety of tasks associated with the collection, analysis, and communication of
safety data and reporting, project status summaries to the management team, staff, or other stakeholders, provide strategic vision delivery, and hands-on leadership for current and future projects, create and foster continuous improvement between internal teams, utilizing tools and following company processes where directed, develop and maintain safety education for all new and current entrants to our workforce, ensures the full compliance with industry, state, and federal safety standards, and partner with Human Resources on related projects associated with risk management, COVID Response, site security, etc.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably with emphasis in industrial health, construction management or Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in field operations of safety, with 3 years being people/process manager.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Solar engineering or construction experience highly preferred
- Excellent PC computer, Windows, presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong inter-and-cross functional relationships to integrate and drive best Safety practices and performance reporting.
- Develop and maintain the technical skills and capabilities necessary to meet business
requirements and drive continuous improvement.
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Must possess strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Must have a roll up your sleeves and let's get the job done right type attitude.