As a Director of M&A, you will originate and analyze new solar projects and investment opportunities and assist or lead acquisitions transactions for single and multi-asset solar portfolios while supporting the leadership team in performing on various fronts, including maintaining, developing, and interacting with regional and national developer relationships, and transaction
You will be responsible for supporting the team focused on execution of M&A and Co-development transactions for solar and solar plus-storage projects in the US, leading and assisting in the coordination of the Q&A process, subject matter experts, and negotiation of definitive transaction documentation, working closely with Investments team to review valuation models and assessment of individual projects or portfolios, coordinate across internal teams, including business development, engineering and project management for the execution and development of acquired and targeted projects and portfolios.
Additionally you will source, analyze and execute on potential transactions and investments under the direction of management.
- BA/BS college or university degree
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of direct work experience in renewable energy finance, development, investment banking, and/or principal investing
- Demonstrated track record in renewable energy transaction execution, including M&A, tax equity, or debt financing structures
- Understanding of distributed generation solar markets preferred
- Superior communication skills across all internal and external stakeholders including developers, bankers, counsel, senior management and internal teams
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams
- Passion to work on cutting edge energy or infrastructure projects
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint