This position works on community solar projects in New York State up to 5MW and may expand into other states eventually. Candidates should have strong knowledge of the New York solar development environment. You will lead the process including land acquisition, permitting, utility interconnection, regulatory compliance, environmental studies and all other tasks necessary for the successful development of solar projects. The candidate will create business opportunities inside the regulatory and utility environments, and stay deeply informed on solar development incentives.
- Structuring, negotiating and managing land agreements and local tax agreements
- Manage local government permitting process and environmental studies
- Manage the utility interconnection process
- Manage consultants, external stakeholders and other third parties to ensure project success
- Work and coordinate with experts on project design
- Manage budgets, milestones, schedules, and deliverables
- Manage application to various solar incentive programs
- Gather market intelligence and create strong relationships with appropriate government, regulatory and utility officials to maximize approval process, revenue and incentive mechanisms
- Manage contracts and coordinate consultants for needed professional services including outside environmental, engineering and legal
- Coordinate development efforts with engineering, financial and accounting teams
- Provide local representation for all aspects project of project development.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in solar development with at least some of that time in NYS community solar
- Bachelor's degree in finance, engineering or other relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and sense of entrepreneurship
- Strong organizational skills and rigor
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional, multi-departmental tasks
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Candidate must be articulated, motivated, independent, creative and organized.