As performance engineer you will support the Engineering team in execution of Solar perfomance related tasks. You will be involved in the execution of engineering services, such as technical due diligence assignments, independent engineering reviews, energy modeling, and performance assessment and optimization of solar PV projects. As Performance Engineer will have an active project management role, specialized in PV solar performance assessment and optimization including Performance assessment and optimization of operational PV projects, Analysis of energy production data from PV projects, including comparison of operating vs. modeled data, expected vs measured production and solar irradiance, availability, and other performance KPIs, conduct energy production and technical reviews of portfolios of project including residential, commercial and
utility scale and provide opinions regarding potential flaws in process or methodology.
Additionally you will verify contractual performance guarantees, PV technical Due Diligence analysis including independent review of solar PV designs, testing/commissioning procedures and QA/QC documentation, perform plant acceptance testing (ASTM E2848 capacity testing, NREL weather-corrected performance ratio, etc.), develop technical specifications and scope of work documentation for solar PV projects, develop of annual and long-term solar energy assessments using PVSyst including uncertainty analyses using statistical and pragmatic approaches to determine probabilistic energy production forecasts, analyze and develop of meteorological files and assumptions as well as forecasting long-term solar resource using measure-correlate-predict methods and other regression models, and review and provide comments on energy estimates and resource assessment provided by third party consultants.
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Data analytics experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience in solar PV industry
- Experience in project management
- Experience of developing proposals for work, including budgets, scopes of work and undertaking negotiations on scope and price with clients.
- Advanced proficiency with PVsyst. Other programs (Helioscope, Plant Predict, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to interface and work in SCADA/DAS platforms.
- Expert proficiency in Excel
- Coding experience (VBA, Python, MATLAB) a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Other languages are a plus
- Ability to write technical reports in English and proficient in MS Office