The Commercial Solar Sales Executive will lead the sale of large-scale solar generation, storage and energy management projects and programs to targeted business and Public Sector accounts located in the Western U.S. The Sales Executive will require knowledge of current and anticipated changes to public policy related to grid connected solar electric systems in the US and Globally. The position location is flexible within the territory.
- Develop and execute effective account development strategies using data analysis to positively impact the executive–level decision maker’s core business.
- Develop sales strategy for identified opportunities and drive process including deal structuring, pricing and proposal development in coordination with peer departments and supporting functions.
- Grow a network of sponsors and supporters at multiple levels within target accounts. Engage executive-level decision makers by demonstrating a thorough understanding of their business strategy and communicate how our energy portfolio solutions will improve their business results.
- Structure deal to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
- Understand the business of the account, including industry drivers, business objectives and operational issues and connects strategic energy solutions.
- Coordinate appropriate resources to effectively execute strategic account business plans and opportunity pursuit plans.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking by anticipating future trends through looking outward at the customer‘s market, competition, and alternatives.
- Effectively manage the buying and selling process by involving a network of key players to solve customer operational issues to help them achieve their business objectives.
- Provide accurate and current view of account penetration, sales performance, and customer satisfaction including the health of the funnel/pipeline.
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise-level sales experience, in energy, systems, equipment, or related solutions sales
- Degree in Business, Finance or Energy related disciplines or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Successful track-record in closing new business with enterprise or public sector account targets
- Experience with growing significant customer relationships interfacing with executive-level decision makers
- Familiarity with contracting structures for on-site and off-site solar and energy management contracts including but not limited to: PPAs, Contract for Differences, Virtual PPAs, & EPC Contracts.
- On-site and large-scale off-site solar project sale experience
- Familiarity with community solar offerings, including securing land, title, permit, interconnection and offtake.
- Strong financial business acumen.