As Electrical Engineer you will have experience with wind farm design, construction, and operation. Working closely with Development, Construction, and Asset Management you will be responsible for providing electrical design (collector system, transmission line, substation) to optimize wind farm layout including provision of loss calculations, provide and update cost budget and draft schedule of electrical BOP, analyze interconnection and transmission requirements and risks, provide support for negotiating GIAs and offtake agreements, analyze and identify transmission opportunities and constraints, and manage initiation, progress and results of Interconnection Studies, or projects going into construction phase.
Additionally, you will prepare RFP, analyze bids and support contract negotiation for electrical BOP, review and approve contractor’s design drawings and studies including SCADA, and manage compliance with Interconnection and Offtake Agreements prior to COD while supporting Construction Site team in all electrical engineering matters.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, or related.
- 8 years of professional experience, with 5 years of focused experience in Wind Farm design engineering, and construction management
- Experience in the design of Collector Systems, Transmission Lines, and Substations.
- Understanding of NESC, IEC, IEEE, ASTM, OSHA and other typical industry standards
- Strong background in Permitting and Regulatory Approval process with respect to design.
- Software knowledge including advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel), Advanced knowledge of MS Project, GIS software, AutoCAD, Electrical System Design Software
- Excellent English in writing and speaking; second language beneficial but not required (German, Spanish, French).
- Experience in HV Electrical Transmission Grids a plus.