As Account Director you will be responsible for strategy sessions with the planning and tactical timelines for campaigns with a creative development process and identifying fresh approaches to client programs. You will work closely with clients to build relationships while reporting on tasks, attending meetings, working with teams to ensure maintenance of internal and client-facing dashboards, build rapport with trade press and vertical outlets, and foster relationships with new reporters across top-tier print, online and broadcast outlets, deliver exciting email and phone pitches, identify opportunities for proactive and reactive pitching, oversee maintenance of media lists, and oversee maintenance of conference and award calendars.
Additionally you will draft speaking abstracts and award submissions as necessary, draft press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral—free of typos, factual inaccuracies, outdated messaging, etc., and draft social media content that reflects knowledge of clients’ messages and audiences as well as current best practices for optimum reach and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related area
- 2-3 years of direct public relations experience or related areas
- Interest in and basic knowledge of clean energy/sustainability technologies, climate mitigation/adaptation technologies, smart cities, and/or advanced mobility
- Detail oriented, organized and ability to manage time effectively
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills