The Solar Maintenance Electrician supports product deployments by answering questions, troubleshooting technical issues and resolving problems over the phone and in person. The position also works closely with the Engineering and Quality Assurance departments to provide feedback, review problems and contribute to the continuous improvement and product development processes. Serve as the expert on central and string PV inverters. Perform PV power plant startup and commissioning service. Provide expertise and guidance to third party service providers and prepare and deliver training sessions. As needed, conduct field investigations to help the local teams on troubleshooting in complex situations through root cause analysis and failure verification. Serve as the primary technical interface to sales in developing system level quotations including integrated power station solutions as well as BoS components, monitoring and controls. Improve customer satisfaction through professional attitude and respectful interactions. Ensure follow-up and completion of all issues.
- 5+ years of experience in power electronics with 3+ years of working with PV inverters, modules, BoS.
- Knowledge of PV systems, power electronics, grid interconnection requirements and compliance codes
- Understanding of medium and high voltage switchgear
- Experience with modeling tools (CAD) and PV Systems Design Tools (SOL/PV SYST) to optimize site design and power production.
- Well versed in NEC, UL 1741 and IEEE 1547 codes and standards for safety and compliance
- Project Management training and experience a plus
- Proven customer service abilities and good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel sometimes with limited notice