As Solar Service Field Technician you will be responsible for Troubleshooting and repairing inverters, commissioning, and increasing service through quality and professionalism. You will also work inverters for plants and balance of systems with the global team of Service Experts, technicians from different countries, Quality and Sustaining Engineering.
Your main responsibilities will be to commission, troubleshoot, repair and analyze solar (PV) inverters, document and report site visits and service calls, follow site safety procedures and perform work in a safety conscious manner, develop a detailed knowledge of Power Electronics products, and perform electrical preventative and corrective maintenance on solar inverters.
You will continue to train on current and new products, retain and apply technical knowledge gained from in-depth training, conduct on site safety audits ensuring policy compliance, coordinate PPE maintenance and meter calibration efforts of regional teams, conduct OJT with junior team members and subcontractors to raise knowledge level, keep team informed of regional issues and site statuses, and assist team to coordinate manpower efforts in your region.
Additionally you will keep up to date inventory of parts in region (on trucks), ensure regional team is adequately equipped with all necessary inverter specific tools/cables/adapters, and perform site audits as necessary.
- Two Year Associates or Four-year degree in electrical/electronics
- Electrical Engineer or Technician with 2 -5 years of experience in power electronics, preferable Solar Inverters, Renewable energy equipment
- Previous utility-scale or commercial solar experience
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PV systems preferred.
- Experience installing all types of grid-tied inverters preferred
- PV System site inspections experience preferred
- Ability to travel frequently within the Region and globally with limited notice or no calendar, travel is mandatory and can range from a 1-6 hour drive radius to flying to other regions within North America