As Applications Engineer you will have extensive customer interaction and will be responsible for providing the technical support for solar inverters and monitoring systems. You will be responsible for working closely with sales and product teams to support key accounts and generate design wins in support of corporate revenue and growth objectives, delivering pre-sales technical support during the design-in, qualification, regulatory, and factory integration stages, delivering post-sales technical support consisting of customer/channel training, field support, troubleshooting, and the creation of technical collateral such as application notes and white papers, and resolve all customer issues in a timely manner.
Additionally, you will support the definition of future products, interact with R&D team to stay abreast of the company’s technology and direction, gather and report intelligence from the field concerning industry, customer, and competitive developments, and attend conferences, create tradeshow demos, and develop/deliver presentations as needed.
- 5+ years of applications engineering or product development
- BSEE with an emphasis on power electronics
- Proven track record of successfully supporting large OEM customers
- Prior solar experience is desired
- Strong written & oral communication skills, analytical problem solving skills, good planning and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to travel 40% to 60% of the time is required.