As Data and Systems Engineer you will provide technical support and attentive thorough communications and coordination of communications events and projects. You will be responsible for phone technical support, field support and management of service efforts related to communications, answer incoming tech support calls, process issues to successful action and closure with customer, provide knowledgeable problem solving and guide customers to action such as onboarding of customers, enable customer to fix issue, send service person, issue and execute RMA or spare parts action.
You will also manage the data communications Portal to ensure reliability, accuracy, and performance, organize fleet or batch actions and coordinate service projects for customers, manage communications, organize action plans, coordinate within company, communicate proactively and in steady, structured way for customer resolutions – secure customer delight during such efforts, collaborate with Firmware team to maintain up-to-date product communications protocol information and documentation, work with R&D team to drive development of improvements/advancements of data communications solution, use leading edge safety practices and implement company policies and procedures, ensure field team has all parts, spares, tools, equipment at all times for maximum productivity and customer satisfaction, and help drive rigor amongst service team for activity reporting for internal company use and customer reporting
- 2 year AA degree or 4 year college degree relating to ModBus communications in the power electronics field.
- Vocational, technology training coursework including hands-on training
- 2 years of experience with solar and/or energy industry services, commissioning, and applications preferred, but on-the-job training is available in some cases
- Knowledge of solar PV inverter and technology (residental, commercial, utility, power conversion)
- Experience in field repair, maintenance, diagnostics of data communications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Diplomatic and artful communicator when challenged by field or service issues
- Good skills using email, text, phone, Excel, Word
- Multiplexer, agile, speed and problem solving oriented, systematic, organized, able to travel ocassionally and with short notice for sake of customer satisfaction and field portfolio performance goals