As Account Director you will manage the development, coordination, and direction of public relations activities on behalf of clients. You will be responsible for leading strategy development and creation of plans for successful client programs, drive the creative process and encourage teammates to identify fresh approaches to clients’ programs, assign roles and responsibilities across account teams, monitor financial health of accounts and advise on retainer management, and ensure efficient and effective collaboration and coordination.
You will be responsible for client satisfaction; expediently address client concerns, and requests; prioritize client retention, serve as account teams’ primary client contact, drive client update calls, and coach junior staff to own portions of agendas, work with junior staff to refine written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on delivering thoughtful recommendations and attention to detail, hold junior staff accountable for timely reporting and updates to client-facing dashboards, develop and oversee execution of media strategy across accounts, including proactive and reactive opportunities, finalize written pitches; advise on phone pitching, and support outreach efforts as needed, focusing on top-tier opportunities.
Additionally you will perform final edits on and enforce quality standards for all written materials,
including press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral, work with junior staff to develop and strengthen PR skills and understanding of clients’ industries, directly manage three to five junior staff members; coordinate performance reviews, and make recommendations to senior management regarding salaries and titles, lead and participate in agency team building activities, identify and engage with potential client organizations, attend networking events and industry conferences on behalf of agency, and develop and present excellent communications proposals.
● Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related area
● Experience working with B2B companies/organizations in energy, sustainability, environment, transportation, circular economy or similar
● 5+ years of direct public relations experience or related areas
● Interest in client subject matter and ability to understand complex technologies and explain them in accessible, compelling terms
● Ability to think strategically and connect client goals/objectives with integrated marketing and PR program approaches
● Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Strong writing, editing and communication skills