As Power Market Analyst, you will build and enhance analytical solutions with a focus on wind developments and design data. You will have strong analytic experience with Power Markets and leverage data to provide advanced insights for Clients with a variety of experts and perspectives. You will be responsible for contributing to market analysis in the renewables and power sector, with a focus on wind energy, develop advanced analytical models that leverage large wind data sets to provide insights to clients, mentor and lead junior employees from both a technical and client facing perspective, work closely with clients to create customized solutions to their most pressing and complex problems, and lead the authorship of reports that outline a narrative that is well supported by data and analytics rigor.
Additionally you will collaborate with peers across the organization is relentlessly innovative, leveraging machine learning to create novel solutions, develop and maintain forecast models for power producers and ISO regions, and participate in conference calls, virtual and in-person meetings with clients and prospects, leveraging and demonstrating our solutions.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including knowledge of wind turbines and wind energy production optimization, as well as forecasting and assessing weather patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Meteorology/Mathematics/Computer Science and pursuing a Professional designation (MBA, P.Eng)
- Programming, database and software skills (VBA, Python, Excel, SQL ...)
- Experience using wind energy software (WAsP, WindFarmer, WindPro...)
- Strong analytical ability including statistical methods and optimization concepts.
- Experience or demonstrable passion in wind energy analysis.
- Deep intellectual curiosity with a results-focused relentless pursuit of answers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced start up environment, embrace change and ambiguity.