As the Vice President of Project Finance you will provide leadership in financial strategy, negotiations and closings for project and portfolio financing while leading all aspects deal execution with internal stakeholders and external partners, and be accountable for closing and funding transactions including managing relationships with financial institutions and investors for capital-raising and deal structures. You will initiate and develop relationships with financial institutions including sources of equity, tax equity, construction debt, long-term debt and mezzanine financing, prepare and distribute collateral materials and offering memorandums for investor presentations, present to financial institutions and investors and identify and create financial product offerings based on different geographic market needs.
You will also coordinate with other departments to ensure accuracy of financing requirements, maintain responsibility for the accuracy of the financial modeling, lead team member for project financing structures; Lead negotiations with potential financiers, coordinate with Corporate Finance resources on corporate and portfolio financings, prepare material and present to the Operating Committee and Board of Directors as required, provide finance support to the Project Development and Business Development teams in financing special projects, and provide direction and guidance regarding current and future investment strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or finance. MBA preferred. CFA or CPA preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience in corporate financing.
- Experienced in project finance transactions, preferably in renewable/solar power sector.
- Must understand and have experience in tax equity.
- Have an existing network of financial institutions and renewable energy investors.
- Expert in MS Excel and financial modeling
- Strong communicator with ability to effectively interface with investors, customers, and senior management
- Proven track record structuring finance models and executing them
- Strong understanding of financing and accounting principles
- Extensive knowledge of structuring renewable energy investment funds, including the complicated tax elements
- Pre-IPO experience or experience working for a public company preferred.
- At times, non-traditional work hours (including some evening and weekend work) are required to meet deadlines.
- Extensive travel required