As Director of Project Management you will be responsible for ensuring projects are on time and on budget while managing a team of Project Managers as a key member of the leadership team. You will be a results-oriented individual with a track record of managing the development and construction of successful solar developments and driving exceptional client outcomes. You will lead and manage a team of project managers that drive outstanding outcomes for clients and their solar developments, collaborate with in-house and third-party design, engineering, construction and distributor/OEM partners to ensure project completions according to engineering specifications, on time and on budget, and lead contract negotiations with clients, asset managers, subcontractors, landowners and other parties, as necessary.
Additionally you will develop and implement project execution, safety, quality control and continuous improvement frameworks that reduce operational risk and improve profitability, provide regular project updates to the leadership team with respect to timeline, budget and compliance, promote professional development through ongoing training plans, performance reviews and goal setting, support business development by providing market information on interconnection capacity in operating regions, communicating business opportunities based on market/industry trends and building quality relationships with clients, and work with the leadership team to identify, evaluate and execute investment and expansion opportunities in accordance with Sundial’s strategic vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering, economics, environmental science, construction management or similar fields.
- Demonstrated success in motivating and managing cross-functional employee groups and external parties to execute project developments.
- Independent and resourceful leader that is proficient in overseeing several complex projects concurrently and accomplishing priorities.
- Track record of excelling in a high-growth and dynamic organization is preferred.
- Strong experience in the development, construction, design, operations, and contract management of solar and/or electrical projects.
- Experience with Procore platform desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.