As Senior Manager, Real Estate you will help develop a diverse, robust pipeline of utility-
scale solar projects across the U.S responsible for helping secure real estate for high-quality utility-scale solar projects. You will work with other development team members and disciplines across the company to successfully add new projects to the development pipeline, help negotiate leases, purchase agreements, easements, licenses, and other related site control documents with landowners, public agencies, and attorneys, review title commitments, title proformas and ALTA surveys and perform title curative work required to obtain title policies, and related applicable endorsements, in preparation for project financing including resolution of issues relating to vesting, liens or easements, mineral rights, lispendens filings, or other matters of record.
Additionally you will lead real estate efforts related to project finance and sales, including responding to real estate due diligence requests from lenders, equity investors and other financing partners and
managing real estate closing deliverables, provide general support on real estate matters as they relate to land permitting, engineering, originations, finance and other cross-functional efforts within the company, manage and accurately deliver results on multiple projects, assess risks and make sound and practical judgement calls to resolve risks in the best interest of the company, and identify opportunities for process improvements and proactively assist in implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience with commercial transactions, construction, financing and/or real estate legal experience.
- Strong grasp of real estate contract terms and conditions, and ability to understand and interpret complex legal documents.
- Experience with financial closings, including lender requirements related to real estate documents, title policies and ALTA surveys and general closing mechanics and documentation.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams of internal and external resources.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity with the ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Skills with Lexus Nexus
- Proficient with essential tools including MS Office Suite, Smartsheets, Energy Acuity, Velocity Suite, WoodMac, etc.