As PV Field Testing Technician you will be responsible for executing Engineering Services’ module testing projects including electroluminescence (EL) imaging, I-V curve tracing and visual inspection. You will also participate in inspections and testing of other PV components and PV systems, execute work within all technical, commercial, safety regulatory, and environmental requirements to meet or exceed client’s expectations, and troubleshoot issues that may arise during testing, resolve conflicts, communicate effectively virtually with other members of the team.
You must be comfortable working in a small group environment and open to high travel. You will execute testing work at client sites across North America, follow test procedures and safety guidelines, work with other team members on project sites as well as client representatives, and use test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment; including, IV Curve tracer, EL test equipment, clamp-on meters, Insulation Resistance Test, and Infrared camera.
- B.S. in engineering or physics or equivalent (4-year engineering/science degree) or 2 years field experience in PV
- Basic understanding of the components and operation of PV modules
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); diligent record keeping.
- Experience testing PV modules or cells preferred.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh conditions including but not limited to desert areas, winter conditions, occasional nighttime work, long hours standing, climbing stairs and ladders.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards).
- Ability to lift and move PV modules (weight ~50lb) with a partner may be required.