The Director of Project Management will be responsible for coordinating project level design activities and manage third-party EPC contractors to ensure successful installation of commercial scale PV systems. You will be responsible for negotiating cost-effective contracts, direct cross functional teams including design, construction management, safety, quality control, procurement, interconnection and other functions as needed, and make business decisions that include assessing risk through analysis, schedules, and budget based on the project needs and the overall impact to the organization.
You will own project deliverables, head team meetings, delegate task as needed, and manage project
activities across multiple departments and functions, maintain timely and accurate reporting for management, manage contractor invoicing and verification of earned-value, proper documentation, lien waivers and any requirements to maintain billing and payments, organize regular scheduled meetings for management and subcontractors, and take ownership of the project and client relationship from NTP to COD.
Additionally you will lead and manage a team of Engineers and Project Managers with a focus on managing project level budget, managing multiple projects and functions as required, taking responsibility for project schedule performance, reviewing contract conditions & ensuring compliance with all contract terms, and supervising documentation of all significant project events, e.g. accidents, delays, Change Orders, etc.
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish in a challenging and autonomous environment
- 5+ years of project management experience, including with solar energy systems (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of solar energy system equipment, design, construction implementation and commissioning
- Experience in solar project estimating, including familiarity with recent equipment and installation costs in various markets
- Thorough understanding of project management control systems
- 4-year college degree required, preferably in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering. PMP is a plus
- Must have experience in managing construction job costing
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft and other project management tools