As DevOps Engineer you will support the backend software running cutting-edge energy management software. You will be responsible for managing the system that handles data ingestion, analytics, and continuous closed-loop control of remote hardware, along with user interfaces, reporting, and sales tools. You will deploy on AWS along with grid-edge IoT compute devices at customer sites, and build out and maintain infrastructure to support scaling to many thousands of sites.
You will also be responsible for deploying, scaling, monitoring, and supporting: database clusters; microservices components; AWS clusters and instances; logging, monitoring and alerting tools; and other parts of the infrastructure. In addition to managing the cloud infrastructure, you will also be responsible for ensuring that our remote hardware is working correctly.
You will have experience with stack runs on AWS and remote Ubuntu PCs, Linux, Apache, Python, PostgreSQL, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kibana, and more.
- Excellent Python skills.
- Experience deploying software on production systems.
- Experience in a DevOps role maintaining backend cloud systems.
- Experience with Linux, AWS, Git, Docker, Docker Swarm, PostgreSQL, Apache.
- Kibana, Elastic Search, Dramatiq,
- Familiarity with security and IoT systems is a plus.
- Several years of experience as a devops engineer.
- You should be comfortable with lifecycle and agile software development.
- You should have high expectations of yourself and others to deploy a usable, reliable, real-world product on time.
- As a startup, you will have a significant impact on the progress of the company.
- You should be a self-starter who takes initiative and has experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You should be comfortable working collaboratively in a small team, with ability to support operations, R&D, and business applications.
- Experience and enthusiasm for sustainability and the energy industry are desirable.