As the Solar Finance Manager you will be responsible for the existing portfolio including project finance in various stages of development including tax equity, raising capital, and construction debt, as well as supporting project development and M&A activities. This role works with a utility scale renewable energy development and investment company. With a diverse and growing team, each member is empowered to take responsibility and make smart investment decisions to develop meaningful and successful projects across the US.
- Lead negotiations and structuring with financing counterparties for utility-scale solar and energy storage assets, including tax equity, construction debt, term debt and other financial products
- Clearly and concisely communicate with internal stakeholders and external counterparties
- Manage teams performing all aspects of transaction execution including: project marketing, negotiation of financing terms, investor due diligence, structuring and financial modeling, and transaction closing.
- Create project and portfolio marketing materials for fundraising and project sales-including teasers, CIMs, and management of data rooms.
- Lead valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and re-financing of late-stage project acquisitions.
- Prepare and present project project acquisition opportunities and other business initiative to the Management team
- Create and maintain project finance models for internal and external parties to evaluate renewable energy projects during various stages of development, construction, and operation, both on an individual and portfolio basis. Run sensitivities and quantify impact on margin and sponsor IRR
- Provide guidance to the Power Marketing and Project Development teams regarding financial structuring and investor appetite for new offtake structures
- Review project documentation and third party reports-including PPAs, financing term sheets and agreements, IE reports, etc., and accurately incorporate assumptions into financial models.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is a differentiator
Technical and/or quantitative background preferred
3-5 years of professional experience working in renewable energy project finance
3-5 successful project finance and M&A transactions managed from beginning to end
3-5 years of experience leading teams and managing external counterparties. Existing relationships with bank and financing parties preferred.
Familiarity with project finance structures including partnership flips (time and yield-based), construction financing, and back-leverage required. Familiarity with inverted leases and sale leasebacks preferred
Must be legally entitled to work in the United States without restriction. No sponsorship provided at this time.