As Project Finance Manager you will oversee project finance on a portfolio of over 10 projects in various stages of development from inception/acquisition to financial closing. You will be responsible for for leading project finance teams and transactions for large-scale solar facilities, including raising tax equity and construction/ term debt as well as supporting project development and M&A activities, lead negotiations and structuring with financing counterparties for utility-scale solar and energy storage assets, including tax equity, construction debt, term debt, and other financial products, and clearly and concisely communicate with internal stakeholders and external counterparties.
You will also be responsible for managing teams performing all aspects of transaction execution including project marketing, negotiation of financing terms, investor due diligence, structuring and
financial modeling, and transaction closing, creating project and portfolio marketing materials for fundraising or project sales - including teasers, CIMs, and management of data rooms, leading valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and re-financing of late-stage project acquisitions, and preparing and present project acquisition opportunities and other business initiatives to Management Team.
Additionally you will create and maintain project finance models for internal and external parties to evaluate renewable energy projects during various stages of development, construction, and
operation, both on an individual and portfolio basis, run sensitivities and quantify impact
on margin and sponsor IRR, and provide guidance to Power Marketing and Project Development teams regarding financial structuring and investor appetite for new offtake structures. You will review project documentation and third-party reports - including PPAs, financing term sheets and agreements, IE reports, etc., and accurately incorporate assumptions into financial models.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is a differentiator
- Technical and/or quantitative background preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience working in renewable energy project finance
- 3-5 successful project finance and M&A transactions managed from beginning to end
- 3-5 years of experience leading teams and managing external counterparties. Existing relationships with bank and financing parties preferred.
- Familiarity with project finance structures including partnership flips (time and yield-based), construction financing, and back-leverage required. Familiarity with inverted leases and sale leasebacks preferred