As Director of Energy Implementation you will actively engage with new business scoping & estimating activities, including providing resource estimates & capacity management oversight, support the scoping of projects by providing project resource estimates that represent the level of effort required to support the projects/initiatives, manage the technical integration and commissioning of all Energy applications and services into a variety of customer environments, and perform as a key collaborator by leading the implementation of applications and supporting services.
You will also create and document data flow processes, execute system upgrade and test plans, cultivate open communication with customers, and business partners in an effort to identify opportunities to improve processes and methodologies, plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate project management tools, provide product feedback throughout the implementation and deployment process, and develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients operations by ensuring that transitions to operations are smooth and successful.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics or other related technical degree is required – Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with Electrical Engineering or Power Systems is preferred
- 6+ years technical experience, with 4+ years managing software implementations in grid related environments.
- Experience with analysis and project life cycle methodologies as well as an understanding of the implementation and commissioning project life cycle is required.
- Experience presenting to a variety of levels including senior management is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple resources across multiple locations who are working on complex projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with Utility systems such as, SCADA, DERMS, ADMS.
- Experience with communications protocol Modbus, MQTT, DNP3.
- Work in a Linux-based environment leveraging third-party and open-source code where appropriate.
- Experience in Python software programming.
- Familiarity with software development, tracking, project management and communication tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Office 365).
- Energy Tools knowledge: PLEXOS, PROMOD, CYME, DSA Tools (PSAT, TSAT, VSAT), PSS/E, MATLAB/Simulink, KERMIT, and DigSILENT.
- Familiarity with controls renewable energy and/or energy storage systems.
- Programming experience in one or more of Python, R, Go, Scala (Java, C/C++, C#).
- Experience with modern software development including Cloud, DevOps, NoSQL, and CI/CD.