The Business Development Manager for Origination will work marketing renewable energy projects for medium to long-term off-take guaranteed contracts within the United States with a heavy focus on utilities in the WECC region. Candidates should have familiarity with energy (especially solar and wind) development concepts, technologies, and modeling.
- Develop a comprehensive campaign to reach utility company decision makers.
- Gather information from credible energy buyers to identify target markets, technologies and scale to drive project origination and portfolio readiness.
- Assist the origination teams in preparation of detailed information memoranda describing opportunities and project characteristics.
- Support the development team to formulate project messaging for purposes of off-take marketing.
- Serve as off-take structuring lead for marketing and negotiations with off-taker parties.
- Assist the legal, finance, development teams in all areas of marketing and contracting.
- Have a firm understanding of unique contracting characteristics relative to the various RTOs and regulated/deregulated energy markets in the United States.
- Monitor and update the executive team on local, state and federal policies, subsidies and incentives for effective project implementation and outside marketing.
- Continuously gather energy pricing intelligence in all markets and brief executive team with pricing trends.
- Lead origination of and develop strategies for competitive and bilateral energy contracting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ years of direct origination experience
- 2+ years of utility-scale renewable energy marketing experience
- Strong negotiation skills with emphasis in risk management and external growth
- General understanding of project financial modeling inputs and concepts
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time