As Solar Design Engineer you will create preliminary site plans showing existing constraints, equipment placement and civil & electrical features, create single and three-line drawings for interconnection applications, create 30% and 60% design sets for internal and external stakeholder approvals, and create bid set drawings for contractors with project-level bill of materials and basis
of design for modules, racking, fence, electrical equipment, tree clearing, BOS and other features necessary for bid sets.
You will also create and validate energy generation assumptions for & estimates using PVSYST, visit project sites to assess project feasibility and validate design assumptions, review work by third party consultants and contractors and the consultants for contractors and provided detailed written responses which address contractual and project performance requirements, coordinate with third party independent engineers who will review design, engineering energy models and performance testing, and maintain equipment database and up to date technical information on frequently
Additionally you will track incoming requests for project designs and progress against deadlines, determine resource and time requirements for response and manage outsourced services if necessary, communicate and coordinate with clients and partners (upstream) and contractors,
consultants and outside developers (downstream) to support successful project execution, and support business decisions and risk assessment through analysis, schedules, cost, and performance in context of project goals and metrics and the overall goals of the company.
- 3 years of experience; must have completed designs for at least two 1MW+ projects or five 500kW+ PV projects
- 4-year engineering degree required from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- PE is preferred but an EIT (Engineer in Training) or EI (Engineering Intern) certification is accepted
- Advanced user of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and PVSYST
- Advanced or Masters degree in Civil, Electrical or Environmental Engineering puts you in front of the pack
- NABCEP Certification
- Familiarity with hydrological studies and structural designs for PV projects