The Principal Solar Engineer will provide technical due diligence and development support services for solar energy projects pre- and post-construction. The candidate shall possess a wide range of experience and understanding in the design, installation, operation, maintenance, & repair of commercial and utility scale solar PV & energy storage systems.
During pre-construction, the Engineer is responsible for conducting technical due diligence, independent engineering reviews, creating PVSyst & energy models, performance analysis & reporting, on-site inspections & commissioning. They will review drawings, reports, & contracts; create reports of findings with photos, descriptions, severity, and recommendations; interface with project owners/stakeholders to assess technical and financial risk; assist in determining the financial impact on performance or cost to remedy.
Once projects move into construction, the Engineer will work with the installers/contractors to ensure they understand the problems and solutions; conduct on-site activities for technical due diligence; perform visual inspections for workmanship, code compliance, and best practices; commission, inspect and test equipment performance; conduct construction monitoring site visits, reporting on QC issues and overall progress of construction.
- 5+ years’ experience in Solar PV engineering or construction.
- Engineering Degree or journeyman/master electrician certification
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certificate
- OSHA 30
- Able to take highly technical issues and communicate them in a manner that can be understood by non-technical clients
- Ability to travel out of state for short periods of time
- Have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Able to work outdoors in extreme environments