Business Strategy Associate to work cross-functionally within an elite, high-impact group to enable leadership to make effective, analytically driven, and strategic operating decisions. The Business Strategy Associate will support the broader Business Development team, with focus on three distinct areas: sales, client success, and strategy /enablement.
You will work with the world’s largest companies to identify the unique problems they face and synthesize your findings into a cohesive understanding of what the most important problems are, how our platform offers an elegant solution and what the impact could be. You will immerse yourself in our customers’ operations, explore the data, dive into their ecosystem and enable us to scale. In this role, the problems you solve will require an investigative and analytical mind and sharp intuition as it relates to product and our customers’ internal decision making and operating processes.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented and well-rounded. Candidate must be highly-analytical, a stellar researcher and a very strategic thinker, able to focus on individual enterprise customers as well as have the ability to zoom out and see the broader business objective and inform go-to-market strategy and identify exciting opportunities. Strong technology and communication skills are must-have traits.
· Multiple Responsibilities: You will wear many different hats and must be comfortable doing so. Your day-to-day activities will vary but your work will directly result in a more efficient sales team and driving revenue and enterprise value.
· Research: Research and prepare executive summaries, strategic account plans, and organization charts for key target companies, leveraging brand knowledge to drive sales tactics and create customized sales collateral.
· Data: Must be comfortable in data creation and review that can lead to help define and support key performance indicators (KPIs), and develop reports in Excel, PowerPoint and other tools. Make action of this data and help identify trends.
· Modeling: Ability to build models, forecast outcomes, run experiments, and perform in-depth diagnostic analysis.
· Big Picture: Ability to fully understand the business (processes, objectives, organization, barriers), and connect the dots between data analysis, business strategy, financial and operational effectiveness.
· Inquisitiveness: Ability to not only answer the question asked, but also the question that was not. This will help provide business leaders with crucial insights and recommendations that supports the “so-what” to drive decisions and real business impact.
· Persistence: Have the attitude to “break through a brick wall” and find a way to solve a problem.
· Communication: Ability to take a complex situation and clearly communicate the descriptive (what
· happened) and diagnostic (why did it happen) analytics to develop specific, actionable recommendations for business leaders.
· Attention to Detail: Ability to quality check your own work that results in total accuracy, both analytically and qualitatively.
· Proactiveness: Always looking to identify and surface opportunities to improve efficiency, conversion,
· revenue generation, client and talent experience, operations, communication, systems & tools, cash
· usage, etc.
· Collateral/Presentation: Support proposal efforts throughout the opportunity lifecycle - helping to craft well-designed and thoughtful collateral, including slides, analysis, metrics, and email templates.
· Inbound Sales: Identify and qualify new inbound sales opportunities and schedule introduction calls for Sales team members
· Self-Growth: Show a willingness to adopt and improve bestselling practices and have a penchant for
· creativity and innovation to solve problems, respectfully challenging norms for the sake of progress.
· 2+ years analyst / associate experience at a top-tier investment bank / management consulting firm or other high-level research, analysis, strategy role
· BA/BS (4 year) required
· Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
· Outstanding writing and presentation skills, with the ability to properly format, develop and craft documents
· Understanding SaaS technology solutions is a plus
· Experience in navigating large corporate structures including identifying key stakeholders and relationships across multiple parties and departments
· Strong presentation and in-person skills at industry events, conferences, and trade shows.
· Team player with a “no task too small” outlook