As Electrical Engineer you will provide support for technical due dillgenence for the utility-scale solar and
battery project development team. Working closely with the project initiation team and development
management personnel, you will help to develop solar and battery projects. You will be responsible for developing preliminary PV and BESS system site plan drawings, site design optimization work, related to acreage, site usage, site features, technical and economical considerations, reviewing potential sites and assisting in identifying impactful conditions (slopes, land features, soiling, structural considerations) to help team evaluate the sites, and understanding of regional design considerations. Incorporate feedback from development team to incorporate site and feature offsets.
You will also select the equipment of modules, inverters, and trackers to ensure the best overall project design, run PVsyst simulation and system production optimization, and optimizing battery cycling and sizing, conduct technical DD to support project initiation team and development team on projects or sites, prepare for Request for Proposals and support proposal development and provide proposal input including detailed technical project descriptions.
Additionally you will prepare Utility/ISO interconnection application and correspond with the Utility on subsequent studies, coordinate and consult with broader engineering and development teams to design, layout, or detail components and systems, and resolve design or other problems, understand and evaluate BESS solution to better support project development and project RFPs, and support the development team on all permitting related engineering issues.
• Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
• 5+ years engineering experience in PV industry;
• Experience with utility or commercial PV and battery storage projects;
• Utility-scale solar PV design, and/or project development experience;
• Experience in production modeling software such as PV Syst;
• Able to interact effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals and meet deadlines;
• Oral, written and interpersonal skills;
• Engineering, analytical, and technical writing skills;
• High attention to detail and strong organization skills;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.