As BESS Field Engineer you will be the technical point of the contact supporting sales teams for commercial, industrial and utility-scale businesses. You will perform as a lead on more complex field engineering assignments for Battery Storage and PV applications, perform pre-commissioning and commissioning of Battery storage systems (AC & DC couple) and PV solar inverters achieving the milestones agreed with utility scale customers, perform and/or lead Preventive Maintenance projects as needed, perform a variety of engineering assignment involving technology applications involved in the installation, operation, testing and maintenance of central and string solar inverter, and perform electrical and electronic troubleshooting and testing of solar inverters and its components in the field or in the laboratory. Use of PQA and oscilloscope is required as needed.
You will also perform and/or troubleshooting in your region assigned to investigate solar plant issues such as DC arrays grid faults, inverter design issues, and utility grid transients, provide feedback to the engineering team on possible mechanical and electrical design improvements, lead upgrade projects (software and hardware) in the field and interact with customers to explain the technical scope of the project, and work with customer EMS/SCADA engineers to set-up systems communication and
Additionally you will create Field Service procedures if there is not available for trouble-shooting, and maintenance, participate on training material some customers as requested but the Training Manager, research alternative components that can be used in the field, coordinate with R&D engineering to help during troubleshooting, take the lead in some projects such as upgrades or retrofit as well as commissioning, independently performs a range of field service tasks involving communication with Factory Engineering and Customer’s solar plant engineer, and coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistic, financial, and program management disciplines to maintain the solar plants.
- 7 plus years of overall experience in engineering
- 3 years of experience in Battery Storage systems and 2 years for solar inverters
- Must possess the ability to work with test equipment and hand tools as required
- Must possess customer service, problem-solving skills, and possess decision making and analytical skills
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to closely follow instruction and pre-established procedures/SOP
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, power Point and Outlook)
- OSHA, NFPA70A, Electrical Safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering