As Senior Engineer you will be responsible for will design and generation for C&I and Utility scale solar project construction documents. You will have extensive experience in creating electrical and structural drawings, calculation packages, electrical/structural feasibility studies, and know how to lead and manage team projects.
This role works within a strong engineering culture focused exclusively on the solar energy industry. The company's work runs the gamut of engineering support and services across multiple disciplines and the company culture emphasizes teamwork along with personal and professional growth.
- Design and engineer commercial PV solar systems between 100kW and 20MW in size.
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools.
- Contributing to or writing technical papers.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst.
- Roof surveying using total stations and other professional land surveying equipment.
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system.
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
- 6+ years’ experience designing commercial & utility scale solar PV systems.
- BS in electrical engineering or other related discipline.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- Proficiency with the Autocad, PVsyst, SKM, & Etap software
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Experience in traditional building design with an MEP firm.
- Medium Voltage engineering experience.
- Experience designing energy storage systems
- Hands on experience installing, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
Sponsorship can be provided for individuals on OPT or H1B visa transfer.