As Senior Structural Engineer you will be in charge of overseeing and creating the drawings used for permits and construction as well as performing structural analysis of buildings that support the solar PV system. You will have extensive experience in the design of steal, concrete, and wood commercial/industrial buildings, excels when working with teams, and be a licensed structural engineer.
This role works within a strong engineering culture focused exclusively on the solar energy industry. The company's work runs the gamut of engineering support and services across multiple disciplines and the company culture emphasizes teamwork along with personal and professional growth.
- You will work alongside our structural teams to generate the solar industry’s best structural design, analysis, and calculation packages.
- Perform structural analysis, design, and detail on variety of large-scale commercial building projects.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, developers, and contractors to provide high quality and well-organized set of structural packages.
- Manage a team of engineers, designers, and drafters to execute structural designs.
- Develop proposals, RFP responses and other marketing support activities.
- Manage profitability of projects and maintain a working relationship with clients.
- Perform on-site structural inspections and gather information on as-built conditions.
- Work cross functionally with other teams within and outside the engineering department to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met.
- Master's degree in Structural Engineering.
- 7+ years of relevant structural design experience.
- Willing and able to conduit site visits to gather information on existing structures.
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment.
- Active Professional Engineering license
- Outstanding experience with various structural software packages for analysis and design such as: RAM Connection, TEDDS, ETABS, SAP and SAFE.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, or any other commercial CAD software.
- Solid background of solar PV system structural related analysis
- Extensive knowledge in steel design, concrete design, aluminum design and cold formed steel framing system analysis and design.
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge and experienced in interpreting geotechnical reports, analysis of soil-structure interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement, expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost heave, slope stability, underpinning, and shoring design.
- Analysis and design of buildings and multi-level parking garages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Valid driver’s license
Sponsorship can be provided for OPT and H1B transfers.