As the Sales Operations Manager you will support the sales team by implementing and supporting the over all strategy and ensuring the sales team is running efficiently and productively by maintaining, analyzing and reporting on sales data.
This role works within a strong engineering culture focused exclusively on the solar energy industry. The company's work runs the gamut of engineering support and services across multiple disciplines and the company culture emphasizes teamwork along with personal and professional growth.
- Bring prospective customer data into the CRM system, and maintain data for accuracy.
- Optimize CRM usage and recommend improvements.
- Help set sales goals and quotas each year and ensure team is meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Create monthly reports and a sales dashboard to understand important metrics related to sales and provide to company stakeholders.
- Assist the Director of Business Development to lead and develop a team of sales professionals and coordinators and professionally develop them.
- Request budget and expenditure approvals from managers and other internal parties
- Identify opportunities within the solar industry based on market research, compiling lists of potential customers, and policy review in state and local areas.
- Generate leads and lists of prospects via a variety of sourcing strategies.
- Manage the sales pipeline on a weekly basis to maintain balance.
- Create marketing materials, work with external marketing agencies/consultants and maintain company social media platforms.
- Attend trade shows and other networking events to build business.
- 7+ years relevant experience integrating and supporting sales business processes.
- 3+ years of marketing and content creation experience.
- CRM or Microsoft Dynamics experience.
- Experience managing a team.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Knowledge of various relationship sales techniques
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Flexible, creative, and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
Sponsorship can be provided for individuals on OPT or H1B visa transfer.