As Business Development manager you will be responsible for the growth and over all strategy of the solar development team. You will fuel significant growth and sell more profitable distribution-scale utility projects in relation to the EPC and O&M side of the business.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with developers and utility personnel across our target geographic region of the Eastern US states.
- work with the electric utility renewable energy industries and set a vision for future that engagements with partners, and customers.
- Strong and wide professional network to support the prospecting efforts
- Performance planning and development of measurable performance results, implementation of those plans, and monitoring progress toward achievement. These will be quantified, clear, and unambiguous results and expectations.
- Work with Operations staff and others on the executive team in developing conceptual plans, cost estimates, pitching, and closing work.
- You will be responsible for the overall organization, direction, and task accomplishment within the Sales Division.
- Exceed sales quotas, both quarterly and annually, while also coordinating activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- You will work with clients and channel-partners to build and maintain relationships while providing consultative customer service and resolve issues.
- You will work with the team to lead and develop proposals while preparing responses to tendered projects.
- Lead the prospecting and market assessment for new market entry.
- University/college undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in solar industry utility scale business development.
- Knowledge and understanding of solar plant equipment and operation.
- Attention to detail in deliverables and actions, pride in your work and performance.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using CRM software packages.
- OSHA-10 safety trained.