As sales Account Manager you will be responsible for increasing profits and revenue for electrical components such as controls, circuit breakers and switches. You will work closely with clients to define needs, promote product lines ups, and provide sales support.
- Create sales contracts for products or services by cold calling or through sales leads
- Working knowledge of the technical aspects of product/service one is selling
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Implements trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Related field experience in electrical field with combination of education can be taken into consideration. Previous sales or engineering experience in a panel builder or integrator is plus.
- Bilingual-English and French (English as the Native Language)
- Experience commensurate with position profile and industry ranging from 10 to 15+ years including direct industry experience