As Energy Storage Engineer you will be responsible for technical consultation on Energy Storage projects across the US. You will contribute to meaningful projects for some of the largest investors, asset owners, utilities, and project developers in the industry.
- Perform technical reviews of BESS technologies and providers to help clients make informed investment and system design decisions
- Contribute to design and construction of BESS projects through design reviews, field inspections, and review of technical project documents
- Lead and contribute to internal and external training efforts about energy storage technologies and applications – existing and emerging
- Develop, maintain, and improve internal tools and databases related to technology, performance, and cost of energy storage technologies
- Write and review IE and due diligence reports for energy storage
- Support business development and proposal efforts
- Manage projects, both independently and as part of a larger team, including handling significant portions of client communication and technical oversight of deliverables
- Degree in Engineering, physical science, or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in energy storage technologies and projects through design, construction, manufacturing, technical consulting, or similar means.
- Demonstrated understanding of current energy storage issues including: energy storage applications and use cases; energy storage component technology; integration of conventional or renewable generation with energy storage; and valuation of energy storage in various applications.
- Demonstrated competence in BESS-related codes and standards (e.g., UL 9540, NFPA 855)
- In addition, special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in Independent Engineering, financial modeling of BESS projects, and technical consulting.
- Fluency in Mandarin is also desirable.